How can he/she keep track of their progress
My friend email@example.com does a lot of mentoring & training on these topics here is what he has shared:
If you really want to make good progress you got to ask yourself these questions. It helps if you try to write down answers for all these questions at the end of everyday.
1. What main career oriented activities you did today
2. What one main thing you learned in depth today
3. Are you really happy with your progress today - Explain
4. What you want to do differently so that you really make good use of the time tomorrow
5. If you are supposed to work 8 to 10 hours in an IT job when you get job - are you ready to work such long hours & still remain productive?
6. Are you focussed on clearing the job interview or you are passing time just learning things & forgetting about them the next day
7. What is your revision plan so that you have better memory of things you learn
8. Are you ready to attend a Job Interview Tomorrow where they may ask all questions on the single topic you mainly focused on learning today
9. What are your tech career expectations - what do you really prefer
Any job which pays OK or a specific job which allows you to work on things you are very interested to work on ( You are passionate about)
10. Why should you be hired for a Software Job in (area of your interest)
If you are serious about your intention to get job then you will take each of the above questions seriously & try your best to answer them honestly
If you keep a daily track of your answers you can easily see which topics you covered in last N number of days and you can also evaluate how well you are preparing.
Getting a Software Job is definitely not of the lazy people