>>> 1. I want to know how did the mentoring programme help YOU
>>> 2. What did I do
>>> 3. How did it help you
This mentoring programme is not like spoon feeding you technical knowledge. If you are allowed to join the mentoring you are supposed to work hard
- In learning lot of technology oriented topics including - Processes of Software companies/IT jobs, Lot of Software job terminologies , Storage Technology, Virtualization Technology(VMware), Operating System(Linux), Perl(Scripting)
- Its more of a guideline based mentoring where you as a job seeker as expected to put more effort,time to learn above technical areas & be able to present them
- There will be lot of assignments in terms of learning, being able to speak about them, mock interviews, group discussions,presentation contests etc
- If you are someone who is just looking for training but not willing to work from your side then this may not be for you
- Imagine if you get a job in IT you are supposed to learn things & get the work done - its almost like that in here - You are supposed to learn technical topics & you are supposed talk about them, present on top of that knowledge, discuss & take it forward in terms of implementing what you learned in terms of your work
- There will be less teaching from someone else to you & more of you learning & being able to work on those complex technical areas
- It may sound like someone is asking you to do a lot but yes there will be some help & support from others
- Those who've learned already may be sharing their knowledge - which helps you get the initial startup
- This is a completely different way of mentoring which is almost trying to simulate a real IT work environment in many aspects
People wont be able to get a complete idea about it unless they experience it
People can get a lot of technical materials through google search & download it easily but still they dont learn or build good knowledge on them due to lack of constant motivation,support to push oneself in their learning,constant feedback based on how someone is progressing, team support in terms of presentations,group discussions,mock interviews these are something which people are not getting anywhere else with respect to getting a software job. This is what you get in this mentoring. This is NOT like normal technical training - this is more like you working in a software company. YOU DONT need to travel to any location for this. Since this mentoring is mostly online or through phone. This is like you are working with a virtual team it is almost like you are part of a virtual software company.
But let it be clear YOU ARE NOT BEING HIRED TO WORK - you are being mentored so you gain the knowledge to work . This is mentoring this is NOT a salaried job. Focus will be more on you learning technical aspects,getting to know your progress,listening to you explaining what you learned,giving you feedback,giving you a team of which you will be a part , a team which helps you participate in group discussions on technical topics,giving presentations on technical topics , facing mock interviews . We can go on & on & on but take initiatives & email & write in detail about yourself to see if you get to experience it first hand.
If you want to get some initial preview you may want to attend some of the webinars raj is conducting
But only those who are meeting some criteria are allowed to attend these webinar
- Email your existing resume & write in detail about your career plans,career expectations, what you've done so far in that direction to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be lucky enough to attend the webinars soon . This definitely is not for the lazy guys. Be an action taker email & explain your situation clearly. Make sure to write all the details asked above. Please read this blogspot atleast 2 to 3 times so that you dont miss some of the details.